In this post you will learn ‘How to Root your Samsung Galaxy S2′ after flashing it with the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware… a post which you can find here.
Since you flashed the phone with the I9100XXLSJ firmware aka Jelly Bean 4.1.2, we are going to root that firmware using a secure method provided by PhilZ a Senior Member from XDA-Developers.com. This is also the simplest way to Root your Samsung Galaxy S2.
What you will need:
- 4.1.2 XXLSJ Rooting files (Download from here)
- You Back-up the data on your phone
- The battery has at least 50% charge
The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising from Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S2. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk. I will take no responsibility if you damage your phone.
Lets get started!
- Download the 4.1.2 XXLSJ Rooting files from above
- Copy the entire ‘Zipped’ folder that you have just downloaded onto the external memory card of your phone
- Place the memory card in your phone
- Switch your phone off and wait till it vibrates indicating that the phone has fully shut down
- Enter ‘Stock Recovery‘ by pressing and holding the following three buttons… Volume Up + Home + Power
- Select ‘Apply Update from External Storage‘
- Then scroll to ‘XXLSJ-ROOT-CWM6.zip‘ and Select
- Once the phone finishes Rooting, reboot it
You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2
A big shout out to PhilZ for a fantastic solution.
Please leave your comments below.