What is a ‘Trackback’?
“A Trackback is one of three types of ‘Linkback‘ methods for website authors to request notification when somebody links to one of their documents/webpage.”
The three Linkbacks are called…
Now you know the names of the three Linkbacks!
Staying on topic of ‘Trackbacks’, I will break down how it works…
- You own a website
- You create a new post/page
- I read your post/page you created after finding it through my search terms on a search engine i.e. Google
- I like your post/page and decide to write my own article on my own website based around your post/page
- When I publish my article I send a Trackback to you to notify you of my article
- If your CMS allows ‘Trackback’ monitoring these will drop into your ‘Comments’ inbox with a link to my article
- You can then click on the link and read my article on my website
Pretty neat huh!
When used properly, ‘Linkbacks’ are an excellent way to build traffic to your blog/website and a great way of creating a network of new friends or professional relationships.
Give it a try and see if you can pull in extra traffic to your website.